I picked Jefferson Ave. for this part of the trip to avoid the winds on Martin Luther King Bridge. I often remember the pro cyclists who sped down this street for the Tour of Missouri in 2007-08-09. A sad state of government affairs in Jefferson City prevented their return last year.
- While waiting for the light to change, another cyclist joined me. We started talking and it turned out, surprise, that we knew each other from attending the same church in the 70s and 80s. Randy teaches at Central High School along with his wife. I had to leave him and turn east after a few blocks.
- I worked my way over to Cherry and Glenstone and on home through the residential streets.
- On the way home, I looked for early signs of Spring, but the only flowers that I saw were the ones that my wife had planted a few years ago.
- The lilac is starting to bud, a bit too early, but here’s to expecting a beautiful Spring.
- As I mentioned, the wind was brisk. But as my friend, Scott, says, “If you don’t like riding in the wind, then you might as well just hang it up.”
- Stay happy,