Our lives the past few days have produced nothing out of the ordinary, I think. Jan and I went to Oklahoma on Saturday to visit family. The weather was perfect for riding [we went by car, that is]. We saw this fence ornamentation outside Nowata.
- I saw a similar sight while riding outside Ash Grove where the fisherman had over half a dozen heads arrayed on his fence. I enjoy such local color.
- Sunday afternoon, I got out east of town and examined a couple of new roads. This is the view to the south toward County Rd. D [I am always surprised at how ‘clean’ the shoulders are on this road], FR 199 can be seen stretching from the right and rain away off to the south.
- I ended up going east on FR 132, some day Jan and I need to ride that whole road, hills and all.
- Another view from along FR 132
- This cemetary may hold riders who were unable to do the hills along FR 132….
- After turning back, I came upon what I call a May-the-Good-Lord-have-mercy section. Downhill to a blind right angle turn and an immediate climb.
- Finally got back to town. I was blessed not to have been cut-off by any drivers. Everyone gave me plenty of room for which I am most thankful.
- I missed the rain. One minute after entering the garage, the thunder started, but I was dry.
- Stay happy,